It's been over a year and a half now since I signed my first publishing contract and 9 months since my very first book - my baby - was first introduced to the world. Since these dreams of mine finally came true I've been running full speed with writing, marketing, planning and obsessing over every tiny detail during every free moment I had. (Notice blogging didn't make that list? Bad Ashley.) Now with my 2nd book coming out in 2.5 months and planning a super-secret standalone book release for the spring (oops! Not so secret now ;-)), I'm spinning faster than ever.
|Sometimes it grows on its own...|
- Write a book.
- Write a query letter.
- Get published.
- Make money and be fabulous.
Now my To-Do lists look more like this:
- Finish 4th revision of WIP
- Set up MC's plight for sequel
- Choose Artwork for Con Ad (Get bleed sizes!)
- Edit video from book reading for website/Get stills for Media Kit
- Update Quicken with receipts from Book signing
- Follow-up with book store for dates for next signing
- Finish guest app for Con
- Schedule and write guest blog post
- Pick music for book trailer
- Oh yeah... WRITE
It's worth every nail-biting, head-banging, hair-pulling second to see my books in print.
I don't know a single author who wouldn't say the same thing. There's no room for getting discouraged because at the end of the day you're still doing what you love. How many people can say that? Next week I'll share some of the happier lessons I've learned while writing, but for now I'm just going to go cross this one more thing off my To-Do list...
|Good advice. Hot men.|